Saturday, November 8, 2008

Tunes

I can't help it. There are so many completely cool songs out there that I need to share.
Favorite of the day:
Keane- Spiralling
Try getting the original in your own country, I can't get it here.
This is one of those songs that I heard for the first time and totally digged, dugged. It would probably be good to see this band, Keane, live.
Speaking of live gigs (which I typically like to go to) I missed something pretty good the other day: Rock the Bells was in Helsinki. I missed De la Soul, Nas, Pharcyde, Mos Def, etc.
Oh well. I'm sure it wouldda been fun, but I am not overly lamenting the fact. Some pals went and said it was great, but cold (was at the ice hockey arena on top of ice). Plus, I am off of hip hop music at the moment. I think I am into more indie-mainstream college rock... hence the Keane, deus, etc (see playlist to the right).
And here is a Finnish band that I like... 22 Pistepirkko

Piste means point or dot or period (in Finland you always hear "veeh veeh veeh peesteh something peesteh fee" (i.e. www.something.fi ... and in the phonebook the letters w and v fall one and the same)
Pirkko means bug, so this band's name means 22 Ladybugs.

And I love this one too:

and just one more

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Celia! I ended up here in your blog after being very curious about some things, like was it you, who was selected in the env. trainee program of nokia. And it was! I knew they would make a good choice :)
with lots of greetings sini (your ex-collegue from NRC last summer)