Saturday, November 1, 2008

VOTE VOTE VOTE!!

Ok dear friends and loved ones. Check out how much the rest of the world cares about the upcoming election.

And just to get you in the mood for Tuesday, can you please lend me your voice?
Last week I acquired some new/old furniture. I bought them because I love the shapes. It is all second-hand and I need to do some work on the colors. Can you please let me know what you think would look nicest by voting in the polls to the right? THANKS!!

First of all, let me introduce you to the space. This stuff will all go in the library for now. Or rather, what I like to call the library in our place. Nathan's and Seungho's doors open into this space, and ever since I have been here it has been used for hanging clothes to dry, collecting dust, and as a black hole for sh*t that nobody knows what to do with.

Gross, eh? I have spent most of my time in this place just ignoring that space. I straightened it up last week (see below), and a bunch of stuff (e.g. old clothes in bags) will get sold in a few weeks at a flea market.

The hutch
First of all, the hutch. Say it loud, say it proud. I really dig the glass on the top door. And it is very polite, nestling right back into a corner but making itself very efficient for storage (always an issue in small Helsinki flats). The color is grody though.
For now this hutch will house craft projects, as the library space (see below) will now be used for projects rather than storing crap (see above). When I move into my own place (in 2 years or so) it will go with me, and probably make nice in a kitchen. I am leaning towards painting it bright red (inside the upper cupboard will be white though, to make sure the cool yellow glass stays an interesting shade of ocher.




Table and chairs
I love round tables. And I love the shape of the chairs... so Scandinavian! They are the exact same shape as the chairs that we currently have in the dining room and I am completely infatuated with them. Therefore, I think they should most positively be red. But let me know what you think (to the right, if you please).



(I got four chairs, but not all of them fit comfortably there).

Darth Vader chairs
And last but not least, these other chairs. The photos do not do them justice (I upped the shadowing on the pic of a single chair, just to make the shape easier to see). They are the coolest shape, and SO COMFORTABLE to sit in. The arch is perfect. I only wish they were swivel chairs. I am thinking of rigging up some sort of sit 'n spin mechanism on the bottom to fulfill that wish.




Don't they look like Darth Vader?

No comments: