Sunday, October 26, 2008

Celia Ingrid Peterson


You know what... I absolutely LOVE my name. It (once again) affirms how stylish my mother is, and I thank her so much for naming me (first off) after her own stylish mother and (second off) after my Swedish roots. My name makes me feel good every time I see it. It is unique and comes from my roots.
Speaking of which, while I lived in Sweden I had a really interesting boyfriend from Göteborg who showed me the building where my ancestors walked through to get onto the boat to come to America. Then I found out that he was married.
Which reminds me... fathers... remind your girls that they are precious, just the way they are. I missed that sentiment because my dad died too young, and it hurts. So those of you who have the privilege of raising your girls... make them feel very, very, very special, okay?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Celia, Don't forget that Dad had a hand in your naming too. But your name has a lovely cadence to it. But "namely" because it's owner is even lovelier!
MammaAdie