Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Utensil collection, etc.

I've always had the idea that I want to use mismatched utensils. So I have been collecting them over the years. I think I am amassing a pretty nice assortment. What do you think?
Spoons

Knives

Forks


I got a few new specimens when I went treasure hunting last week. And I also found a darling table & chairs, a corner hutch (don't you think that is a fun word to say?), and two additional space age mod chairs. Tomorrow I will take pictures and post them, because I need a bit of help deciding which colors I should paint them.

Btw, here is a pic of one end of my room (it's teensy... and very clean at that moment, hence the polaroid moment):


Lastly, I got invited to go to a masked ball on the island fortress, Suomenlinna, next weekend. I want to make a mask, but have no ideas. Any suggestions? The "gown" I will wear (yeah right... like it will ever happen) has a slight Asian flair. SAY!! Maybe I will revert to my youth and be a geisha girl like I was for several Halloweens as a child. I LOVED geisha girls when I was little. I even had a geisha-girl-roller-skate themed birthday party. And my mom made a geisha girl birthday cake. And my dad teased her that it looked more like a monster. Then as a teenager I had great fun making monster cakes for all of my friends' birthdays. Man... it is all so connected.

1 comment:

The Pumpkin said...

I've always wanted to have a random collection of salad plates. I think your silverware collection is fun!